Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Add a shade.

When we bought our home last Fall, we fell in love with the vintage finishes and fixtures.  Not all of it was our style exactly, but we knew it just needed a modern twist.  Definitely easier said than done!

I gave this chandelier, that hangs in our sun/piano room, a full year to grow on me...














































I really wanted to like it... but... no shot.  It reminded me of something you'd find in a bad Chinese restaurant.  I considered painting it white, because that usually does the trick, but decided it had to go. Before I had the chance to pick something out, my girlfriend Beth of Armijo Design Group, saw it and suggested throwing a drum shade over it.  Genius.  

















































































Voila!  We happened to have an extra shade sitting in storage that was the perfect fit.  I went from cringe to obsessed.  I love the crystals peaking out the bottom and the shadows reflected on the ceiling and shade.  Love, love, love.  I'll be posting more DIY home improvements Beth has talked me into.  Think, bright orange spray paint...


1 comment: