Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

A serious treat.

If you know me, you know I have a serious sweet tooth.  It's a problem.  So, it's been really hard cutting out gluten and processed sugar completely from my diet. Until these little nuggets came into my life…






















Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups

1/2 cup Natural Almond Butter (homemade or store-bought)
2 tbsp Grade B maple syrup
1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
7 oz Dark Chocolate (at least 70% cacao)

In a small bowl, stir together the almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt until smooth.  Place in freezer while you make the chocolate coating.

Finely chop the chocolate.  Place in a double boiler or a pot of simmering water with a heat proof bowl resting over top, making sure the water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl.  Heat over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted, stirring occasionally.

Place 12 mini cupcake liners in a mini cupcake tin or use rubber molds (I found mine at Ikea for $1). Spool one teaspoon of melted chocolate into each liner or mold.  Take the almond butter filling and scoop out 1 teaspoon, forming into a ball, then flatten.  Place in the center of the melted chocolate and cover with another teaspoon of melted chocolate, or until covered.  Top with cacao nibs or coarse sea salt.  Place in the fridge to set.

So easy and seriously delicious.  I try to keep my fridge and office stocked with these so I never feel tempted to go for the bad stuff!




No comments:

Post a Comment