Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Sigmar Polke - You Genius!

This past Thursday was such a fun girls date! We met for drinks and continued on next door, to the SF Museum of Modern Art, to see the Fisher Collection.

My favorite was an untitled piece by German painter, Sigmar Polke. I was really drawn to his bright colors and textures, created from the use of many different patterns and materials in one piece.

I've researched more of his work online and here some other favorites...

Photobucket

We finished off the evening with an amazing dinner at SPQR (1911 Fillmore). Their Burrata Cheese and Cherry Tomato Risotto are a must.

Thank you to my very worldly and cultured sister in law :) for suggesting this exhibit. I highly recommend anyone in the area to see this. I might just head back over on a lunch break this week to see it again!

{ Photo Credit: christies.com | zeit.de | artobserved.com }

-s|p|t

No comments:

Post a Comment