Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mahalo nui loa, Hawaii

Our honeymoon/1 year anniversary trip to Hawaii was INCREDIBLE and I have to give ALL the credit to my amazing husband. We made a deal that I would plan the wedding, he would plan the honeymoon and he did me proud. I was told when we were leaving, the two islands we'd be visiting and that's about it.

So after a year of waiting and a bit of over packing (I'm always guilty of this!), we were on our way. These 11 days were filled with the perfect amount of sun, activities and relaxation.

I can't believe it took me over a week to put these together. The idea of picking just a few out of the hundreds we took seemed impossible. But here they are (and there's a lot of them)...

Day 1 - 6 | Kauai

The St. Regis is gorgeous and the perfect way to kick off day 1...

Photobucket

Photobucket

We're blown away by the view from our room...

Photobucket

Our hike to Hanakapiai Falls on day 2...

Photobucket

Photobucket

18 mile kayak along the Na Pali Coast - quite possibly the coolest thing I've ever done... (I was DYING to take some pictures from the water, but it was too risky breaking it out of the dry bag in those rough waters.)

Photobucket

Caves, dolphins, monk seals, sea turtles... The waterproof disposable camera was useless, this was the best we could do!

Photobucket

Spoiled with incredible views...

Photobucket

And stunning sunsets...

Photobucket

We saw the Na Pali coast by land, water and now air...

Photobucket

So amazing!

Photobucket

Del surfed, I took pictures...

Photobucket

A little lounging around...

Photobucket

Day 7 - 11 | Hana, Maui

The road to Hana...

Photobucket

The Hana Maui Hotel - our little gem!

Photobucket

Enjoying every minute of Hana Life... (think... fresh fruit, the freshest fish, morning yoga looking out over the ocean, warm evening breezes, stunning views in a charming town...)

Photobucket

Photobucket

An afternoon hike through the bamboo forests up to Waimoku Falls...

Photobucket

Our hike from Pailoa Bay, through the jagged coastal cliffs of the ancient Kings Highway...

Photobucket

The hidden, "clothing-optional", Kaihalulu Red Sand Beach...

Photobucket

And finally... a peaceful and beautiful drive to the airport along the southern route...

Photobucket

It's always hard returning back to reality after an amazing vacation, but life it pretty great with you :)

Photobucket

I know, I know, those were a ton of pictures. I couldn't pick just a few, it wouldn't have done this trip justice! And no more sappy stuff, I promise. Goodness, I've over done it in the last few posts! It really is great to be back. I've missed this blog way too much :)

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. The Hana Maui Hotel is one of the most stunning places I've ever been - I'm SO happy you two got to enjoy it. Happy anniversary and love, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. every single one of these pictures could literally be a post card. I need to plan a trip to hawaii asap! amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks absolutely amazing Meg - and just to clarify I am talking about Del with his shirt off!

    ReplyDelete