Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

"I love you 4"

This is a long one, sorry gang!

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a hopeless romantic :) So, it's no surprise that I was brought to tears listening to this past Sunday's message.

Paster Terry, from Cornerstone Church in SF, recently attended the funeral for a man who came to this church every Sunday with his wife. He shared with us the 7 page, hand written letter that this man's wife of 55 years wrote about her husband...

"Then and there I knew this guy was for real. It was as if he spoke to my heart. The Lord witnessed to me, that this was an honest, truthful and rock solid person. That was all true by the way. And as we have lived our lives together for these 5 plus decades, almost 6, these attributes and many others have all been lived out in his life. And that's one reason why it's so hard to live without him, because in my eyes, he was so perfect in every way. We didn't have a lot of money but every year before he got dementia, he said we'd go on a vacation somewhere. I always enjoyed being with him and having him with me. Even when we'd would just go to the grocery store...

He would still always ask me even after he was getting more and more incapacitated, he'd always ask me if he could help me to do anything, even when he got so unsteady on his feet. Needless to say we have had a great life together. I know this life was only a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. I know God has his reasons for not giving Jim another miracle of healing. I feel that we will have all eternity to run through heaven together and believe me I am certainly looking forward to that day, when Jesus comes for me. My husband would always tell me that he loved me and that he'd always love me. And naturally this was my feeling as well. And I would tell him the same thing. On one of the last days when he was in the rest home, he said I love you and I said I love you too and he said I love you three and I said I love you four.

To me he was so perfect in every way. He treated me like a queen. The term Southern Gentleman certainly fit him. And when the minister marries you and says "till death do you part", I say it's not for me, because I plan on being with him forever."

I love reading that. Such beautiful, simple, genuine love. Is there anything better than loving like that?!

Photobucket

1 comment: