Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Baby Girl's 1st Easter!

I had grand plans for this lil lady's first Easter, but then realized dying eggs was a terrible idea for a 6 mo. old and an egg hunt would work best when she's walking. And between the house hunting, family coming into town and new projects at work, Easter was pulled together kind of last minute. It looked a little like this...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
These bunnies were a heinous brown color... nothing a little white high gloss spray paint couldn't fix. Of course.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Sorry girl, just paper maché eggs this year. Goodie-filled eggs next year, promise!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Asparagus & Gruyere Tart

Photobucket
My first attempt at a souffle!

Photobucket
Fresh Strawberry Cream Cake

Photobucket
Flowers for Winslow from Uncle James!

Photobucket
A DIY attempt at the Moss Letter from Restored Style

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter with family and friends. We were missing everyone in Rochester, Florida, Michigan, Amsterdam, Australia, San Diego, Boston, South Carolina, Virginia, San Francisco... and on and on. Lots of Easter love to you all!

Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Winslow is so precious - I looove that dress she is wearing! And, I have to admit, I adore your Easter hairdo too - I want my hair to grow out so badly so I can get it into a bun again. Until then, I will have to live through you:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsten! I have to admit, there's a hair donut under that big ole bun :)

      http://www.folica.com/tools/hair-barrettes-bands-and-ties/bombshell-brunette-collection-small-donut

      Delete
  2. Winslow's Easter dress is gorg, glad it fits her now!! She looks like a little doll! Looks like you had a fun family filled weekend. Miss you let's catch up soon xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss you!!! The dress is still a tad bit big, but I couldn't handle it, I had to put her in it!

      Delete
  3. Ha! I was JUST gong to ask you if you were wearing a hair donut! I've been wanting to get one myself :) Your hair looks fantastic and confirmed my own hair donut purcahse :) I hope you're well! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, hilarious Michelle! Do the donut! I bought a small and a large and oh my goodness, the large is seriously in charge. Looks like a small animal on my head. Post pics!! :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful everything! And this donut.....lessons when I get there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a donut with your name on it waiting for you in the guest room!

      Delete
  5. Definitely looks like you guys had an amazing Easter. Winslow is just precious with her plaid dress! Ps. LOVE the ombre hair and the beautiful bun. You are the first friend i've seen try this style and pulled it off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that plaid dress ridiculous?! It was a gift and I was SO excited for her to wear it. I've been wearing the mega bun a lot lately... so fancy. You could definitely pull it off. Review on Janine's Beauty Favorites?!

      Delete
  6. Okay we need to talk here about a few things! 1- Winslow's easter basket is so flippin cute! Am I a terrible mother for not making or giving Kenzie anything!? 2- Your hair is amazing. I want to know how you did that. Please fill me in! 3- I love that you still rock the runner and napkins we gave you! 4- I need that tart recipe- it looks insane!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ok... 1. Yes, the worst. You know she's going to remember EVERY details of her first Easter, Mich. :) 2. Hair Donut, do it. 3. For shizz. It's one of only two that I own! 4. http://www.marthastewart.com/318340/asparagus-gruyere-tart?czone=holiday/easter-center/easter-center-recipes&center=276968&gallery=335050&slide=284861

      Love you lots sister!

      Delete