Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Furniture Updates.

We've been in our new house for 56 days now and it's finally coming together!!  With the help of my Dad (thank you, thank you, thank you!!), we replaced the lavender and hot pink walls that covered our master bed/bath, play room and sitting room with some beautiful light blue/grey shades.  Other than that the previous owners had insanely great taste, so we didn't have many renovations to get through.  Just the boring stuff, like replacing the boiler, radiators and pipes.  But I still fit in some fun updates with our furniture...

I can't say exactly where I got this piece but I know I didn't pay more than $40 for it.  It was in need of some love and didn't really have a home in the house yet.






























So I sanded, primed and sprayed a couple coats of high gloss white paint.  She nows lives in the small sitting room off the kitchen!



























































My amazing in-laws sent out some old pieces from Michigan, that had been in storage at our old house, so we were so excited to finally have room for them!  While most pieces are beautiful antiques that I wouldn't dare touch, there were a few that needed a little bit of updating to fit our decor.  These came in a pair and I LOVED the shape of them.






























I wanted a fabric that was a classic neutral but still fun.  I actually contemplated painting the wood white but I'm SO glad I didn't.  This Robert Allen fabric with the two-tone woodwork in the arms and legs... LOVE.  To rebuild the cushion and reupholster, it was just $60 each.  Seriously.































This duo now sits in the sunroom/piano room next to our new campaign table (kind of obsessed with it!)  Even though they don't get sat in much, I love looking at them as I pass through :)






























If you have the time to do a little antique, second hand shopping, it's SO worth the time to find unique pieces at fractions of what you can find them for brand new in stores.  And nothing beats adding your own personality and flare to them!

For locals, I can't say enough good things about Steve over at Denver Upholstery.  He's the man, and I'll definitely be sending my next couple projects his way.  More furniture upholstery and a custom bench for the breakfast nook.  Stay tuned :)

Photobucket

1 comment: