Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Paint Your Own Ceramics!

When I came across this image from yesterday's DesignSponge post, I was inspired to look around for a ceramics studio. I've always wanted to take a pottery class or even just spend the afternoon in one of those studios where you make and paint your own pottery. While I'd never come close to being able to do some of the intricate designs by Shannon Garson, I should be able to recreate something close to this design of hers...

Photobucket

I'm thinking... a vase for my office, bowl for the coffee table, another vase for the nursery and maybe a mug or two (or 6). So... to my local Denver ladies... who's with me?!

Ceramics in the City: select an already made ceramic ($10-65 includes all supplies and glazing), paint your own designs and pick up 5-7 days later.

Pot-Luck Pottery: select your ceramic ($2-50 includes all supplies and glazing + $8 painter's fee), paint away and pick up a week later. They seem to have a better variety of ceramic items here.

Black multi-size polka dots with a solid sheer pink interior... shouldn't be too difficult right? We'll see. I'll keep you posted!

{ Photo Credit: designsponge.com }

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment