Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

An Extra Special Card for Hubby!

For this anniversary, we decided not to do gifts. (A healthy baby would be the best gift of all!) So I followed the rules and decided to make an extra special card for my hubby, who I knew would do the same...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A flip book! When was the last time you saw one of these? For me it was a Christmas flip book from my Dad when I was about 10. Loved that thing! Who wants to let me design one for their wedding Save The Dates? :) And I promise I won't cheat by sketching, scanning and gluing!

Hubby, on the other hand, did NOT follow the rules. A little white box and ribbon appeared on the table with his card, which I can't say I'm upset about, but he's still in trouble!

If you're hungry, then skip all this, but I have to tell the rest of you about our dinner at Fruition. I had been hearing a lot about this spot and it did not disappoint. The owner was so sweet, the small dining area was very charming and it was the best meal I've had in a long time. We had the Rocky Ford Melon Gazpacho, Heirloom Tomato Salad and for our entrees, a Tender Belly Farms Grilled Pork Chop with sweet corn & goat cheese pancake, tomato confit vinaigrette and a Pan Roasted New Zealand Bass with truffled cannelini bean agnolotti & chanterelle mushroom vinaigrette. And at the recommendation of the owner, we finished this unbelievable meal with a Lemon Meringue Pie and fresh blueberry compote that was to die for. I think I dreamed about it last night. AND it's walking distance from our place, which could be dangerous. Time for lunch yet?

Overall, great evening with the most handsome man I know :)

Fruition | 1313 E. 6th Avenue, Denver

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You went to Fruition. We loved it there, good stuff. Happy Anniversary! The flip book is cute, looks just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Save the Flip Book idea for...me! me! me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hubs is a lucky man.....dying to know what was in the little white box.....You must forgive Del for breaking the rules.....We all luv a guy who breaks those rules!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love flip books! I'd be happy to have you make my save the dates fip book style. Love love love.

    ReplyDelete