Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Saving Money & Feeling Ambitious

I have big news to report, well, big news in my world. Probably not so much for you. BUT, after months of searching and way too much indecisiveness, we've FINALLY picked out a rug and bedding for the nursery. I know, VERY exciting ;)

Photobucket

Rug | Gilt.com
Chambray Safari Animals | Restoration Hardware Baby&Child

Another item we've been dragging our feet on has been the changing table. I was inspired by this Dresser Makeover and have spent over a month searching Craigslist for a similar vintage dresser to use as a changing table. No such luck. So we settled on a dresser in a completely different style but still went for the two tone look. It's almost finished other than replacing the knobs with something a little more fun. I LOVE these and these and these from Anthropologie but at $10-14 a knob, wasn't sold.

THEN, I found the DIY directions for these...

Photobucket

Perfect. Since I'm am saving $$ using the old knobs AND feeling a little ambitious, I'm going to give them a whirl. Stay tuned for the finished dresser!

{ Photo Credit: rhbabyandchild.com, gilt.com, infarrantlycreative.net }

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. sooo cute!! love, love!

    I am so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dCc :) We're pretty pumped to meet this lil nugget!

    Idk if I can wait till Wedding Wednesday to see more wedding pics. They're absolutely STUNNING!!

    ReplyDelete